Special Events and Festivals in Northwestern Ontario
There's plenty of things to do in Sunset Country, including watching or taking part in the year-round special events and festivals throughout the region. The following is a list of events in Northwestern Ontario. Make sure you don't miss out on all the activities, whether you are a resident or a tourist visiting for a day, weekend or week.
Next 6 Events
- Nestor Falls Annual Curling Bonspiel (Sporting Events) starts on 2015-01-30 and ends on 2015-02-01. Join us for a great curling evet, dinner and dance!. Contact: 11 Mortimer Rd Nestor Falls, Ontario, Canada 807-484-2502
- 2015 Travelers Northern Ontario Men's Provincial Curling Playdowns (Attractions) starts on 2015-02-04 and ends on 2015-02-08. Come out and watch the Travelers Northern Ontario Men's Provincial Championship. Contact: Kenora, Ontario
- Chocolate Cup Challenge Cross-Country Ski Race (Sporting Events) starts on 2015-02-07. Bring the family and join us for The Chocolate Cup Cross-Country Ski Race on The Beaten Path Nordic Trails.. Contact: Quetico Park Atikokan, Ontario, Canada 807-597-3924
- Mather Walls Valentine's Tea (Social) starts on 2015-02-08 02:00:00 and ends on 2015-02-08 04:00:00. Come to the Mather Walls House for the annual Valentine's Tea.. Contact: 116 Ottawa Street Keewatin, Ontario, Canada 807-547-2870
- Sioux Narrows Winter Carnival (Festivals) starts on 2015-02-13 and ends on 2015-02-17. Come join the fun at the Winter Carnival!. Contact: Sioux Narrows, Ontario, Canada 807-226-2643
- LOW Ladies Bonspiel (Sporting Events) starts on 2015-02-13 and ends on 2015-02-15. Come out and watch the LOW Ladies Bonspiel.. Contact: Kenora, Ontario
Please note, all of the above contact numbers are with the area code 807 unless stated otherwise.
Please call these organizers to confirm dates to avoid any inconveniences. For more information on these special events in Northwestern Ontario, visit our Community page
Recurring Events and Tours in Sunset Country
- White Otter Castle Boat Tours - Barry Brown- 807-597-1599/ 800-900-4240
- Dryden Museum Tours - Leah Gardner - 807-223-4671
- Emo Speedway Stock Car Races - Racing every Saturday, May-September - 807-482-1070
- Clover Valley Farmer's Market - Saturdays, May-October 9am-1pm, 411 McIrvine Rd. - 807-274-9573
- Historical Sites-Lookout Tower / Fort St. Pierre/ The Hallet - Mid-June-Labour Day, 10am-5pm
- Farmers Market - Wednesdays from June-September under the Whitecap Pavilion
- Kenora Harbourfront Concert Series - Thursdays from July & August under the Whitecap Pavilion - 807-468-2232
- Anicinabe Park Jam Sessions - Wednesdays in July & August at Anicinabe Park - firstname.lastname@example.org - 807-467-2700
- Mather Walls Heritage House Tours - Monday-Saturday in July & August, 10am-4pm - 807-547-2870
- Lake of the Woods Cemetery Tours - Fridays July-August - 807-467-4636
- Trilight Theatre "Living History Project" - Wednesdays & Sundays in July & August - 807-467-4636
- Lakerun- Kenora's Weekly 5K - Saturdays from April 19th to October 11th - Kenora Harbourfront - email@example.com
- Beaver Creek Ranch Summer Day Camp - Monday-Friday in July & August - 807-548-1103
- Beaver Creek Ranch Pumpkin Hunt & Carve - Saturdays & Sundays in October - 807-548-1103
- Egli's Sheep Farm & Animal Park Tours - Minnitaki, April-October - 807-755-5231/ 800-465-2966
- Historical Tomahawk Lighthouse - June-September - By appointment - 807-488-5719
- Rainy River Farmer's Market - Wednesdays, May-Oct, 4pm-7pm, Atwood Ave.
- Northwest Farmers Market - May-September - visit www.siouxlookout.com for market dates - 807-737-1937
- Kay-Nah-Chi-Wah-Nung Historical Centre - Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-6pm - 807-483-1263
- Summer in the Parks - Wednesdays in July & August - 800-625-3788
- Halloween Hoot - Saturdays & Sundays in October - 800-625-3788
- Haunted Fort Night - Thursday-Sunday in October - 807-577-2341
- Winter Fundays - Sunday afternoons from January 5- March 9 - 800-625-3788
Visit our fishing pages for Fishing Tournaments in Northwest Ontario's Sunset Country.
Check the Activities & Attractions / Events category of our members directory for other leads to where it all happens.
Sunset Country ... a place like no other.