Special Events and Festivals in Northwestern Ontario
There's plenty of things to do in Sunset Country, including watching or taking part in the year-round special events and festivals throughout the region. The following is a list of events in Northwestern Ontario. Make sure you don't miss out on all the activities, whether you are a resident or a tourist visiting for a day, weekend or week.
Next 6 Events
- Ice Candle Festival of Lights (Festivals) starts on 2014-12-24 and ends on 2014-12-26. Thousands of ice candles light up the Kenora cemetary.. Contact: 807-467-2044
- Dryden Annual Come Together Concert (Concerts and Arts) starts on 2014-12-27 07:00:00 and ends on 2014-12-27 10:00:00. Come out and enjoy an evening of music!. Contact: Dryden, Ontario, Canada 807-223-2841
- New Year's Eve Family Frolic (Miscellaneous Events) starts on 2014-12-31. Celebrate new year's and watch the fireworks at Fort William Historical Park!. Contact: Fort William Historical Park - 1350 King Rd Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Nestor Falls New Year’s Eve Dinner & Dance (Miscellaneous Events) starts on 2014-12-31. Join us for a fun-filled night to kick off the New Year!. Contact: Nestor Falls, Ontario
- LOW Girls Bantam/ Midget Hockey Tournament (Sporting Events) starts on 2015-01-02 and ends on 2015-01-04 03:04:00. Watch the Bantam/ Midget hockey tournament at the Kenora & Keewatin Arenas.. Contact: Kenora & Keewatin Arenas 807-467-2087
- Sawmill Lake Classic (Tours) starts on 2015-01-17. Join us on a wilderness skiing tour of beautiful Quetico Park with The Beaten Path Nordic Trails- Sawmill Lake Classic.. Contact: Quetico Park Atikokan, Ontario, Canada 807-597-4503
Please note, all of the above contact numbers are with the area code 807 unless stated otherwise.
Please call these organizers to confirm dates to avoid any inconveniences. For more information on these special events in Northwestern Ontario, visit our Community page
Recurring Events and Tours in Sunset Country
- White Otter Castle Boat Tours - Barry Brown- 807-597-1599/ 800-900-4240
- Dryden Museum Tours - Leah Gardner - 807-223-4671
- Emo Speedway Stock Car Races - Racing every Saturday, May-September - 807-482-1070
- Clover Valley Farmer's Market - Saturdays, May-October 9am-1pm, 411 McIrvine Rd. - 807-274-9573
- Historical Sites-Lookout Tower / Fort St. Pierre/ The Hallet - Mid-June-Labour Day, 10am-5pm
- Farmers Market - Wednesdays from June-September under the Whitecap Pavilion
- Kenora Harbourfront Concert Series - Thursdays from July & August under the Whitecap Pavilion - 807-468-2232
- Anicinabe Park Jam Sessions - Wednesdays in July & August at Anicinabe Park - firstname.lastname@example.org - 807-467-2700
- Mather Walls Heritage House Tours - Monday-Saturday in July & August, 10am-4pm - 807-547-2870
- Lake of the Woods Cemetery Tours - Fridays July-August - 807-467-4636
- Trilight Theatre "Living History Project" - Wednesdays & Sundays in July & August - 807-467-4636
- Lakerun- Kenora's Weekly 5K - Saturdays from April 19th to October 11th - Kenora Harbourfront - email@example.com
- Beaver Creek Ranch Summer Day Camp - Monday-Friday in July & August - 807-548-1103
- Beaver Creek Ranch Pumpkin Hunt & Carve - Saturdays & Sundays in October - 807-548-1103
- Egli's Sheep Farm & Animal Park Tours - Minnitaki, April-October - 807-755-5231/ 800-465-2966
- Historical Tomahawk Lighthouse - June-September - By appointment - 807-488-5719
- Rainy River Farmer's Market - Wednesdays, May-Oct, 4pm-7pm, Atwood Ave.
- Northwest Farmers Market - May-September - visit www.siouxlookout.com for market dates - 807-737-1937
- Kay-Nah-Chi-Wah-Nung Historical Centre - Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-6pm - 807-483-1263
- Summer in the Parks - Wednesdays in July & August - 800-625-3788
- Halloween Hoot - Saturdays & Sundays in October - 800-625-3788
- Haunted Fort Night - Thursday-Sunday in October - 807-577-2341
- Winter Fundays - Sunday afternoons from January 5- March 9 - 800-625-3788
Visit our fishing pages for Fishing Tournaments in Northwest Ontario's Sunset Country.
Check the Activities & Attractions / Events category of our members directory for other leads to where it all happens.
Sunset Country ... a place like no other.