Special Events and Festivals in Northwestern Ontario
There's plenty of things to do in Sunset Country, including watching or taking part in the year-round special events and festivals throughout the region. The following is a list of events in Northwestern Ontario. Make sure you don't miss out on all the activities, whether you are a resident or a tourist visiting for a day, weekend or week.
Next 6 Events
Please note, all of the above contact numbers are with the area code 807 unless stated otherwise.
- Firefighters 10 Mile Road Race (Sporting Events) starts on 2013-05-20. Contact: Start: Simpson Street Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Emo Walleye Classic (Fishing Tournaments) starts on 2013-05-23 and ends on 2013-05-25. Join in some catch and release fishing tournament fun at the Emo Walleye Classic.. Contact: Rainy River Emo, Ontario, Canada 807-482-2608
- Yours, Mine & Ours Cultural Fair (Attractions) starts on 2013-05-24. Don't miss the annual cultural fair in Dryden, it is sure to be a day of good family fun for everyone.. Contact: The Centre - 100 Casimir Avenue Dryden, Ontario, Canada 807-223-3004
- Thunder Bay Youth Dragon Boat Festival (Sporting Events) starts on 2013-05-25. Come watch an amazing race at the youth Dragon Boat Festival.. Contact: Located at the end of North Algoma St-Lyon Blvd Thunder Bay, Ontario 807-345-2033
- Thunder Bay Kite Festival (Festivals) starts on 2013-05-26 and ends on 2013-05-26 04:00:00. Come fly with us at the Thunder Bay Kite Festival! Don't miss a day filled with brilliant colors and fun!. Contact: Thunder Bay, Ontario 807-625-2487 or 888-336-7386
- Taste of Kenora (Miscellaneous Events) starts on 2013-05-26 06:00:00. A culinary art adventure! enjoy the great tastes of Kenora at this great event!. Contact: 470 First Ave. S. Kenora, Ontario, Canada P9N 1W5 807-468-1516
Please call these organizers to confirm dates to avoid any inconveniences. For more information on these special events in Northwestern Ontario, visit our Community page
Recurring Events and Tours in Sunset Country
- White Otter Castle Boat Tours - Atikokan Chamber of Commerce 807-597-1599
- Voyageur Panel Tours, June-August, 807-487-2000
- Dryden Museum Tours, Leah Gardner 807-223-4571
- Emo Speedway Stock Car Races - Racing every Saturday, May-August, 807-482-2007 or 807-482-2856
- Clover Valley Farmer's Market, Saturdays, May-October 8am-2pm, McIrvine Rd., 807-274-9573
- Historical Sites-Lookout Tower / Fort St. Pierre/ The Hallet, Mid-June-Labour Day, 10am-5pm
- Farmers Market - Wednesdays from June-September, on the Harbourfront
- Kenora Harbourfront Concert Series - Thursdays from July-August - Contact: 807-468-2232
- Mather Walls Heritage House Tours - Contact: 807-547-2870
- Lake of the Woods Cemetery Tours - Fridays July-August, 807-467-4636
- Jam Night @ the Cornerstone Restaurant - Every Wednesday 807-467-4636
- Egli's Sheep Farm & Animal Park Tours - Minnitaki, April-October 807-755-5231 or 800-465-2966
- Historical Tomahawk Lighthouse, June-September - By appointment 807-488-5719
- Rainy River Farmer's Market, Thursdays - May-Oct. 4pm-7pm, Atwood Ave.
- Red lake Heritage Centre Tours, www.redlakemuseum.com
- Fresh Vegetable Stand, Wednesdays - June-Sept., 807-226-2655
- Live Music Under the Big Top, Weekly - 807-226-5293
- Kay-Nah-Chi-Wah-Nung Historical Centre, Wed.-Sun. 10am-6pm, 807-483-1263
Visit our fishing pages for 2012's Fishing Tournaments in Northwest Ontario's Sunset Country.
Check the Activities & Attractions / Events category of our members directory for other leads to where it all happens.
Sunset Country ... a place like no other.