Special Events and Festivals in Northwestern Ontario
There's plenty of things to do in Sunset Country, including watching or taking part in the year-round special events and festivals throughout the region. The following is a list of events in Northwestern Ontario. Make sure you don't miss out on all the activities, whether you are a resident or a tourist visiting for a day, weekend or week.
Next 6 Events
- LacLu Snowmobile Poker Derby (Miscellaneous Events) starts on 2014-03-08. Win cash prizes!. Contact: Pellat Community Hall LacLu, Ontario, Canada 807-466-7468
- Frank Symonds 10 km Cross Country Ski (Sporting Events) starts on 2014-03-09. Join us at Mount Evergreen for the Frank Symonds 10 km Cross Country Ski.. Contact: 120 Mt Evergreen Rd Kenora, Ontario
- Northern Bands Hockey Tournament (Sporting Events) starts on 2014-03-10 and ends on 2014-03-16 10:40:00. Bring friends and enjoy a week of Hockey entertainment at the Northern Bands Hockey Tournament.. Contact: Dryden, Ontario, Canada 800-667-0935
- Men’s Ham N’ Egger Classic (Sporting Events) starts on 2014-03-14 and ends on 2014-03-16 01:00:00. Contact: Keewatin, Ontario
- Sioux Lookout Pelican Pond Hockey Tournament (Sporting Events) starts on 2014-03-15 and ends on 2014-03-16. Pelican Pond Hockey Tournamnet in Sioux Lookout is a great way to spend the weekend with family and friends.. Contact: Forest Inn Lakefront Sioux Lookout, Ontario, Canada 807-737-7955
- Bestway Rentals Easter Egg Hunt (Miscellaneous Events) starts on 2014-03-19. Lots of candy hidden on the harbourfront!. Contact: Kenora Harbourfront Kenora, Ontario, Canada
Please note, all of the above contact numbers are with the area code 807 unless stated otherwise.
Please call these organizers to confirm dates to avoid any inconveniences. For more information on these special events in Northwestern Ontario, visit our Community page
Recurring Events and Tours in Sunset Country
- White Otter Castle Boat Tours - Barry Brown- 807-597-1599/ 800-900-4240
- Dryden Museum Tours - Leah Gardner - 807-223-4671
- Emo Speedway Stock Car Races - Racing every Saturday, May-September - 807-482-1070
- Clover Valley Farmer's Market - Saturdays, May-October 9am-1pm, 411 McIrvine Rd. - 807-274-9573
- Historical Sites-Lookout Tower / Fort St. Pierre/ The Hallet - Mid-June-Labour Day, 10am-5pm
- Farmers Market - Wednesdays from June-September under the Whitecap Pavilion
- Kenora Harbourfront Concert Series - Thursdays from July & August under the Whitecap Pavilion - 807-468-2232
- Anicinabe Park Jam Sessions - Wednesdays in July & August at Anicinabe Park - firstname.lastname@example.org - 807-467-2700
- Mather Walls Heritage House Tours - Monday-Saturday in July & August, 10am-4pm - 807-547-2870
- Lake of the Woods Cemetery Tours - Fridays July-August - 807-467-4636
- Trilight Theatre "Living History Project" - Wednesdays & Sundays in July & August - 807-467-4636
- Beaver Creek Ranch Summer Day Camp - Monday-Friday in July & August - 807-548-1103
- Beaver Creek Ranch Pumpkin Hunt & Carve - Saturdays & Sundays in October - 807-548-1103
- Egli's Sheep Farm & Animal Park Tours - Minnitaki, April-October - 807-755-5231/ 800-465-2966
- Historical Tomahawk Lighthouse - June-September - By appointment - 807-488-5719
- Rainy River Farmer's Market - Wednesdays, May-Oct, 4pm-7pm, Atwood Ave.
- Northwest Farmers Market - May-September - visit www.siouxlookout.com for market dates - 807-737-1937
- Kay-Nah-Chi-Wah-Nung Historical Centre - Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-6pm - 807-483-1263
- Summer in the Parks - Wednesdays in July & August - 800-625-3788
- Halloween Hoot - Saturdays & Sundays in October - 800-625-3788
- Haunted Fort Night - Thursday-Sunday in October - 807-577-2341
- Winter Fundays - Sunday afternoons from January 5- March 9 - 800-625-3788
Visit our fishing pages for Fishing Tournaments in Northwest Ontario's Sunset Country.
Check the Activities & Attractions / Events category of our members directory for other leads to where it all happens.
Sunset Country ... a place like no other.