Special Events and Festivals in Northwestern Ontario
There's plenty of things to do in Sunset Country, including watching or taking part in the year-round special events and festivals throughout the region. The following is a list of events in Northwestern Ontario. Make sure you don't miss out on all the activities, whether you are a resident or a tourist visiting for a day, weekend or week.
Next 6 Events
- Emo Holly Daze (Festivals) starts on 2013-12-06. Come see what's happening at Holly Daze Festival!. Contact: 21 Tyrell Street Emo, Ontario, Canada 807 482-3991
- Festival of Choirs (Festivals) starts on 2013-12-08. Contact: Sioux Lookout, Ontario 807-737-1937
- Sioux Lookout Christmas Craft Show (Miscellaneous Events) starts on 2013-12-17. The Annual Christmas Craft Show in Sioux Lookout is a great event to do some Christmas shopping!. Contact: Sioux Lookout, Ontario 807-737-1994
- Ice Candle Festival of Lights (Festivals) starts on 2013-12-24. Thousands of ice candles light up the Kenora cemetary.
- Warriors Alumni Hockey Tournament (Sporting Events) starts on 2013-12-27. Bring the family and watch the Warriors Alumni Hockey Tournament!. Contact: Sioux Lookout, Ontario 807-737-1937
- Dryden Annual Come Together Concert (Concerts and Arts) starts on 2013-12-28. Come out and enjoy an evening of music!. Contact: Dryden, Ontario, Canada 807-223-2841
Please note, all of the above contact numbers are with the area code 807 unless stated otherwise.
Please call these organizers to confirm dates to avoid any inconveniences. For more information on these special events in Northwestern Ontario, visit our Community page
Recurring Events and Tours in Sunset Country
- White Otter Castle Boat Tours - Atikokan Chamber of Commerce 807-597-1599
- Voyageur Panel Tours, June-August, 807-487-2000
- Dryden Museum Tours, Leah Gardner 807-223-4571
- Emo Speedway Stock Car Races - Racing every Saturday, May-August, 807-482-2007 or 807-482-2856
- Clover Valley Farmer's Market, Saturdays, May-October 8am-2pm, McIrvine Rd., 807-274-9573
- Historical Sites-Lookout Tower / Fort St. Pierre/ The Hallet, Mid-June-Labour Day, 10am-5pm
- Farmers Market - Wednesdays from June-September, on the Harbourfront
- Kenora Harbourfront Concert Series - Thursdays from July-August - Contact: 807-468-2232
- Mather Walls Heritage House Tours - Contact: 807-547-2870
- Lake of the Woods Cemetery Tours - Fridays July-August, 807-467-4636
- Jam Night @ the Cornerstone Restaurant - Every Wednesday 807-467-4636
- Egli's Sheep Farm & Animal Park Tours - Minnitaki, April-October 807-755-5231 or 800-465-2966
- Historical Tomahawk Lighthouse, June-September - By appointment 807-488-5719
- Rainy River Farmer's Market, Thursdays - May-Oct. 4pm-7pm, Atwood Ave.
- Red lake Heritage Centre Tours, www.redlakemuseum.com
- Fresh Vegetable Stand, Wednesdays - June-Sept., 807-226-2655
- Live Music Under the Big Top, Weekly - 807-226-5293
- Kay-Nah-Chi-Wah-Nung Historical Centre, Wed.-Sun. 10am-6pm, 807-483-1263
Visit our fishing pages for 2012's Fishing Tournaments in Northwest Ontario's Sunset Country.
Check the Activities & Attractions / Events category of our members directory for other leads to where it all happens.
Sunset Country ... a place like no other.