Special Events and Festivals in Northwestern Ontario
There's plenty of things to do in Sunset Country, including watching or taking part in the year-round special events and festivals throughout the region. The following is a list of events in Northwestern Ontario. Make sure you don't miss out on all the activities, whether you are a resident or a tourist visiting for a day, weekend or week.
Next 6 Events
- Dryden Spring Thimble Treasures Quilt Show (Concerts and Arts) starts on 2014-04-26 10:00:00 and ends on 2014-04-27 04:00:00. Come view colourful and intricate quilts, made by the Sunset Country Quilters Guild.. Contact: Dryden Agricultural Complex Dryden, Ontario, Canada 807-223-3004
- Kenora's Annual Chamber of Commerce Home Show (Trade and other Shows) starts on 2014-05-02 and ends on 2014-05-04. Come out and check out what all the local businesses of Kenora have to offer.. Contact: Kenora Recreation Centre Kenora, Ontario, Canada 807-467-4646
- Fort Frances Clover Valley Farmer's Market (Farmers Market) starts on 2014-05-03 and ends on 2014-10-25. come see all the vendors at the Fort Frances Clover Valley Farmer's Market.. Contact: 411 McIrvine Road Fort Frances, Ontario, Canada 807-274-9573
- Annual Sioux Narrows Spring BBQ (Miscellaneous Events) starts on 2014-05-03. Everyone loves a good BBQ! Come Join us!. Contact: Community Hall Sioux Narrows, Ontario 807-226-5241
- Emo's Borderland Stock Car Races (Attractions) starts on 2014-05-03 and ends on 2014-08-23. Enjoy an evening of Stock Car Racing at the Emo Speedway!. Contact: Colonization Rd. Emo, Ontario 807-482-1070
- The Zep Show (Concerts and Arts) starts on 2014-05-03. Led Zeppelin tribute band at The Centre in Dryden. Contact: 100 Casimir Ave Dryden, Ontario, Canada
Please note, all of the above contact numbers are with the area code 807 unless stated otherwise.
Please call these organizers to confirm dates to avoid any inconveniences. For more information on these special events in Northwestern Ontario, visit our Community page
Recurring Events and Tours in Sunset Country
- White Otter Castle Boat Tours - Barry Brown- 807-597-1599/ 800-900-4240
- Dryden Museum Tours - Leah Gardner - 807-223-4671
- Emo Speedway Stock Car Races - Racing every Saturday, May-September - 807-482-1070
- Clover Valley Farmer's Market - Saturdays, May-October 9am-1pm, 411 McIrvine Rd. - 807-274-9573
- Historical Sites-Lookout Tower / Fort St. Pierre/ The Hallet - Mid-June-Labour Day, 10am-5pm
- Farmers Market - Wednesdays from June-September under the Whitecap Pavilion
- Kenora Harbourfront Concert Series - Thursdays from July & August under the Whitecap Pavilion - 807-468-2232
- Anicinabe Park Jam Sessions - Wednesdays in July & August at Anicinabe Park - email@example.com - 807-467-2700
- Mather Walls Heritage House Tours - Monday-Saturday in July & August, 10am-4pm - 807-547-2870
- Lake of the Woods Cemetery Tours - Fridays July-August - 807-467-4636
- Trilight Theatre "Living History Project" - Wednesdays & Sundays in July & August - 807-467-4636
- Lakerun- Kenora's Weekly 5K - Saturdays from April 19th to October 11th - Kenora Harbourfront - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beaver Creek Ranch Summer Day Camp - Monday-Friday in July & August - 807-548-1103
- Beaver Creek Ranch Pumpkin Hunt & Carve - Saturdays & Sundays in October - 807-548-1103
- Egli's Sheep Farm & Animal Park Tours - Minnitaki, April-October - 807-755-5231/ 800-465-2966
- Historical Tomahawk Lighthouse - June-September - By appointment - 807-488-5719
- Rainy River Farmer's Market - Wednesdays, May-Oct, 4pm-7pm, Atwood Ave.
- Northwest Farmers Market - May-September - visit www.siouxlookout.com for market dates - 807-737-1937
- Kay-Nah-Chi-Wah-Nung Historical Centre - Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-6pm - 807-483-1263
- Summer in the Parks - Wednesdays in July & August - 800-625-3788
- Halloween Hoot - Saturdays & Sundays in October - 800-625-3788
- Haunted Fort Night - Thursday-Sunday in October - 807-577-2341
- Winter Fundays - Sunday afternoons from January 5- March 9 - 800-625-3788
Visit our fishing pages for Fishing Tournaments in Northwest Ontario's Sunset Country.
Check the Activities & Attractions / Events category of our members directory for other leads to where it all happens.
Sunset Country ... a place like no other.